Breakouts Be Gone!
So, it’s no surprise to me that everybody and their mom is complaining about breakouts these days. The weather is changing, hormones are raging and well, there is nothing else to rhyme. BUT on the real, it’s a serious thing, and breakouts seriously SUCK.
With that being said, I made a little video on:
A. How to kick a breakout in the booty.
B. How to cover a gnarly breakout up with some of my favorite products. (Posted below-click product name to be direction to site where you can get them too!)
Yes…^dime piece of a still shot ha ha
2. Cetaphil Foam Facewash: My go-to over the counter foam face wash for sensitive acne-prone skin. It’s very gentle and gets all the makeup off my face as well.
3. Aveeno Face lotion WITH SPF 30 Sunscreen: I have used this lotion for years and it has been the best lotion across the board because it is scentless which is important when you’re trying to clear your skin up. Also, especially living in such a hot, sunny state, it is very crucial to have sun protection to avoid skin cancer, sunspots and wrinkles.
4. MAC Face and Body Foundation (Shade: N2): I just recently started using this makeup and I LOVE it. It doesn’t have thick coverage like other ones, so it allows my skin to breath better and I just rely on the concealer to cover the bad spots up. This foundation evens out your skin tone to give you a good canvas to work with.
5. MAC Pro Longwear Concealer (Shade: NW 20): This stuff is the bomb. It covers all things under the sun. It only takes one pump to get the job done too.
6. MAC Pressed Blot Powder (Shade: Medium): This powder is pretty sheer, but it is great for locking in the liquid makeup so it will stay on longer.
7. MAC Mineralize Skinfinish Natural Bronzer (Shade: Medium Deep): I always apply this just under my cheekbones, on my temples, lightly on the sides of my nose and hairline, and under my jaw bone to create some definition to the facial structure. [Refer to image below]
8. Foam Makeup Blender: This little foam ‘blob’ is a miracle-worker. It blends all of the bronzer, blush and excess concealer into one to create a flawless looking face.
9. MAC Pro Longwear Blush (Shade: Rosy Outlook): Although I didn’t end up applying this in the video, this is the shade of blush I use and it has taken me a long time to find a color of blush that works for any occasion and this is it. Because it is more of a rosy color, it is just subtle enough to add a little romance to your look without being overpowering.
10. MAC Fix+ Finishing Spray: This stuff is the best. It locks everything in while giving you makeup-clad skin the perfect “refresher” and touch of moisture it needs post makeup application. It is the last tie to make your look complete.
Also, [side note] I didn’t mention this, but in order to get rid of blemishes, one must drinks lots and lots of water. This will cleanse out your entire system. Also, I mean a GALLON of water a day.. not like two cups guys.
So, conceal on friends!